My first attempt at coasters was ok because they were cute. Yes, they are also functional but still didn’t really meet my needs as far as dealing with the condensation on the glass with all the ice cubes. Especially if it had been sitting for a while. Now I didn’t write about try number 2 bust basically what I did was use the apple squares and add a layer of microfiber dishtowel to the batting layer. This was a better solution but still not adequate. Here is try number three. I started not really knowing how big I was going to make this but I had been using a hot pad that was ok so I decided that a bigger version would work. My kitchen table is formica so getting the table wet wasn’t the problem so much as leaving water on the table so other items got wet. When I sit at the table, particularly for lunch or a break, I like to read. The condensation on the glass would get my book or magazine wet. After I got a Kindle it was suddenly more than just an annoyance but now was deemed a necessity to control the water. This time I started with a fan pattern. I’ve been thinking about trying one of these to see how I liked it. I also knew that I wanted to use some olive fabric that I had so I pulled some fabrics that would look good together and got started. These are colors that are a bit out of my comfort zone but it turned out fine and I think it will work. I used a layer of insulbrite which has a layer of foil between the batting and also a layer of microfiber kitchen towel. Because of the larger size and the different layers I’m thinking this should give me an all day solution to wet spots at the table.